it's a library, you can use it as a framework
This page was last updated
Wednesday 24 September 2003
XSLT is a technology with a lot of depth. There is no substitute for
experience. I've found that you need as much help as you get get.
Thankfully, because it is a standard, there is a plethora of information
out there for it on the net. I've included some of my favourites here.
- Official standards homepage
The W3C have a dedicated XSL website which has all the latest news
and information on the specification. XSLT is only one of the two
components of XSL. This website covers both. From here you will
find lots of tutorials, references, official documents, mailing
lists and other useful resources.
- OASIS cover pages
The Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information
Standards have a dedicated site for XSLT. This site has an
excellent introduction to the standard.
- This is the best XSLT FAQ in existance
- zvon.org - XSLT tutorials
This website has the best tutorials I've seen. Go here to learn
XSLT and XPath.
- Chapter 17 of the XML Bible, Second Edition : XSL Transformations
- A free (printer friedly) excerpt from the book. Covers the following topics.
- What Is XSL?
- Overview of XSL Transformations
- XSL Templates
- Computing the Value of a Node with xsl:value-of
- Processing Multiple Elements with xsl:for-each
- Patterns for Matching Nodes
- XPath Expressions for Selecting Nodes
- The Default Template Rules
- Deciding What Output to Include
- Copying the Context Node with xsl:copy
- Counting Nodes with xsl:number
- Sorting Output Elements
- Defining Constants with xsl:variable
- Named Templates
- Passing Parameters to Templates
- Stripping and Preserving White Space
- Making Choices
- Merging Multiple Style Sheets
- Output Methods